TailSearch: Search for retail stores.
- iPad / Touchscreen TV positioned at front and around the store with a search bar / filters to filter down all items in the store.
- There is a real-time map of the store with all the items in the store, and as you filter down, they break down and show you the location in the store of the item so you can easily find what you are looking for.
- You can filter down men/women, colors, style, type, size etc… select tags, type in search etc…
- User can easily search for any item in the store and be guided straight to it.
- User can also download an app to their own phone and use that as a map around stores.
- User can also search for all stores in area using the tech to see if items are available in other stores, can search from any device.
- Store purchases “security tags” similar to the ones that beep now. Tags are smart tags with geo locators.
- Store sets up a geo fence so no need for expensive alarm beepers. Tags beep when taken out of geo fence, also alert is sent to store / security.
- Store set up iPads around the store so people can search, store also entered into wider search network.
- Store scans barcodes of items and then attaches tag. Users can access that data through search.
1. Selling security tags
2. Selling monthly recurring to store for software / support
3. Making advertising / affiliate commissions from wider search network
4. Transition into POS and merchanting, take a commission on all sales.
– Could crowd fund the product since its hardware (maybe? as its b2b)
– Clear acquisition targets (Google/Amazon/eBay)
Lots of hardware bullshit to deal with
Selling won’t be easy
Medium-High switching barriers exist